My Blog List

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pony Tag


My pony Flicka


I lived in town and had to stable my pony at a local farmers house. There was several kids with horses and ponies. There was the big front barn with about 5 stalls, a back barn with two pretty big stalls and a small orchard with a little shed.

There were plenty of us kids to go around, if you were there and did not have a pony we would fix you right up. I talked my mom and dad into buying a few more ponies, after I bought Flicka. That way I could sell them to my friends and family. We use to play pony tag. I don't know if it is a real game these days but it was a game all us kids made up. We had a blast chasing each other around and tagging each other on our ponies. Playing pony tag is probably how I learnt to stay on my wild little pony Flicka.

Flicka could turn on a dime, run like the wind and had super brakes. When I first started riding her I would fall off almost every time I stopped her. I never blamed her though because it was me that didn't know how to stop properly. I was and still am a very stubborn girl, I would get up and get right back on. I did not even know I was suppose to do that to keep Flicka from learning bad habits. I won all the races even with the big horses. If I knew then what I know now I could have made some money on that sweet little pony Flicka. I was too young my mom and dad never had horses. I had to teach myself everything.

No comments: